SIA Approved Contractors Scheme FAQ
- 1. What exactly is the SIA-ACS?
- The Security Industry Association Approved
Contractors Scheme aims to enhance performance standards
across the security industry and help companies to meet
quality guidelines both now and in future. Organisations
operating within the scheme are regularly audited by the
SIA, and can advertise themselves as being approved for the
standards once they meet the compliance conditions.
- 2. How much does it cost?
- Registration for the scheme is not that
expensive with our payment plan option and 50% Government
grants may be available to mitigate the cost. Your return
on investment from joining the scheme will far outweigh its
- 3. How the SIA-ACS assessed?
- The SIA-ACS is based on the framework of the
ISO 9001 quality management structure and also draws upon
British Standard codes for the security industry.
Certification criteria include:
- Strategic decision-making
- Quality of business processes
- Financial management
- Resources management
- Human resources management
- Leadership qualities
- Corporate social responsibility
- Results and deliverables
- 4. What are the benefits to my business?
- Our clients have told us that registration
for the SIA-ACS opens new doors of opportunity for their
business in terms of developing new client relationships and
proving their quality commitment to both staff and
customers. Simultaneous registration for related systems
also means you can save money on the certification process
- 5. Can you do the assessment part?
- No. We can't actually assess your business for
compliance. However we can guide your
organization through the compliance process. We simplify the
entire process and can cost-effectively help your
organisation prepare for SIA inspections..