HPA has served over 4000 clients in a wide variety of industries across many sectors
Need assistance migrating from OHSAS 18001 to the new international standard ISO 45001? If so HPA can help.
Low cost and successful certification guaranteed.
Our OHSAS 18001 to ISO 45001 migration consultancy and support includes:
- A gap analysis and action plan to identify the works required to meet the new standard
- creation of all core documentation and support for the implementation of any changes
- an internal audit and management review prior to certification
- support for the certification process
- All for a fixed price and with our HPA promise to support you at no extra cost until certification is achieved.
Why do I need to change?
With the launch of ISO 45001 in February 2018, the OHSAS standard will be phased out over a 3 year period, so if you want to maintain an independently audited occupational health and safety management system you will need to make the change.
In addition ISO 45001 provides the opportunity to improve the way you manage health and safety creating a safer workplace and happier more motivated staff. What's more, because the new standard adopts the same underlying structure as ISO 9001:2105 and 14001:2015 its easier to create and integrated and more efficient suite of management systems.
What are the main differences between OHSAS 18001 and ISO 45001?
In addition to the adoption of the ISO high level structure (HLS), some of the key changes include:
- Context - understanding how health and safety impacts on the organisation and the needs of all stakeholders in relation to it. This helps to place health and safety at the heart of your business strategy.
- Leadership commitment and worker participation - your senior management team must actively show commitment to managing health and safety and must consult meaningfully with the workforce.
- Planning - as with all of the latest ISO Management System Standards, planning for ISO 45001 must include both assessment of risk and also opportunity for improvement.
ISO 45001 also strengthens the focus around objectives and performance measurement, communication, worker participation and procurement, outsourced processes and sub-contractor management.
Download our brochure
Find out more about how ISO management system standards can benefit your company.